People choose to outsource for many different reasons.
Some people may not be able to afford the cost of hiring employees, so they may see outsourcing as a more affordable option.
On the surface, outsourcing can seem a little daunting and expensive because it will require some training and time spent setting up an account with your outsourced service provider. However, outsourcing can end up saving you valuable time and money in the long run.
An employee can be a huge cost, as they get paid hourly or by the year. You also have to pay them whether they're sick or not. When you outsource, you can set your own hours and determine your own schedule.
Using an outsourced service provider will likely save you money, as well as time because you can focus on what matters most - running your business.
What is outsourcing?
“Outsourcing is an agreement in which one company hires another company to be responsible for a planned or existing activity that is or could be done internally, and sometimes involves transferring employees and assets from one firm to another”
Why do companies outsource software development?
There’s a scope for betterment for every business across any industry with digital transformation and robotic process automation (RPA). This has allowed companies to expand their horizon and integrate information technology into their day-to-day operations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Thus, the demand for custom software development has skyrocketed in all industries. Undermining the IT capabilities of the organisation across various industries, businesses are searching for third-party vendors who are experts in IT to get the in-house digital transformation done.
Major benefits of outsourcing software development:
• Lower project costs & zero infrastructure costs.
• Quality service from experienced professionals.
• Access to talent from all around the world.
• Saves your time to focus on core business operations.
• Lesser risk due to the vendor having the accountability for project success.
Looking at these benefits also suggests a misconception that outsourcing is only for large companies. In fact, small and medium-sized businesses have far more benefits from outsourcing as compared to than large companies.
Besides this, there are certain drawbacks areas as well with outsourcing software development projects. Such as:
• Lack of transparency
• Lesser control on managing the team
Post to understanding why companies outsource and what are some of the major pros and cons of outsourcing a software development project you might have made up your mind to outsource yourself as well.
To help you outsource well and make an informed decision with full confidence, here’s a list you should consider mapping out while outsourcing a software development project:
1. Write down your needs and complete the scope of the project to ensure maximum clarity while hiring an outsourcing company.
2. Plan the budget and timeline prior to starting the project.
3. Research outsourcing models and decide what suits you the best. We have another dedicated article on types of outsourcing models.
4. Critically analyse all the outsourcing vendors on your list.
5. Hire an outsourcing company with relevant experience and expertise
After planning out a complete outsourcing strategy you are almost halfway to successfully outsourcing a software development process.
Now your job is to select the best outsourcing partner depending on your need and budget. You can definitely look upon our offerings under custom software development services if you are looking for a reliable software development outsourcing partner.
A view of the ever-evolving digital world through our screens
2nd Dec 2022
28th Oct 2022
23rd Sep 2022
5th August 2022
17th June 2022
15th Apr 2022
11th Feb 2022